My thoughts, my emotions, my feelings, my imaginations, my opinions, my fears, my dreams...

Could be yours too...you never know!!!


Follow me in this Journey of Revelation and encourage me with your valuable opinions and comments...

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Love You...



I wasn’t anywhere near the TV…not bcoz I was not a Cricket Maniac…but, I was scared…Lol…yes, I was scared, what IF I proved unlucky for India…I felt, Maybe IF I watch India might not win…Am I right or wrong, doesn’t matter any more…bcoz, India WON…Hurrayyyyyyyyy…Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee…they won…Team India kissed the world cup earlier tonight on behalf of billions of Indians all around the world…All my love and respect going towards them…uhmm… Guess what, I am not a cricket craze…Still, I do understand how a match proceeds and all that…but then, just that, I would spare myself off the tension it can give me…I wouldn’t want to cut down 100 days off my life just by watching a match…Yeah, that’s what I believe…the tension that it creates in one’s mind just by viewing it at any point of time is sooo unimaginable that, I would prefer staying away from the TV then…lol…!!!

Would you believe if I said...

1. Mom and myself had to resort to some neighbors house during such important cricket matches…Just bcoz my dad felt, we might be unlucky for the team…and IF unfortunately we were inside our own homes, and IF India lost a wicket, when I was walking by or sneezing or laughing or eating or for that matter, doing anything…My dad would immediately scream at me saying… “BCOZ SHE DID THAT…WHAT MORE TO EXPECT…”…Dad was that big a superstitious person when a match happened…

2. My brother once stood in one position till the match finished, just bcoz he felt, India was taking off the opponents wickets when ever he stood so…hehe!!!

3. My brother made me say smthing against the opponent team, just bcoz that day he felt, what I said was happening…especially, the day when I asked him innocently…”WHAT IF A BOWLER GETS ALL WICKETS FOR HIMSELF…”…my brother ridiculed it wasn’t that easy and miraculously Kumble did it on the same day…I was thanked ..uhm…

4. No one ate dinner till a match was over…just bcoz, some felt, that eating might take off the luck…grrr..

5. A telephone ring was like an uninvited Earthquake…and whoever was the caller earned himself not so small a wrath…

Lol…maybe due all these experiences during childhood, made me have an aversion to watching cricket…But that never spoiled my spirit in wishing that Team India should win…Being an Indian, naturally, I always wished ONLY India should win…but then, bcoz I never showed it out…when India lost I just blamed my brother and father for watching the match and making them lose…hehee!!!! And if they won, I enjoyed with them watching the Prize distribution….lol!!!

This worldcup, even IF I dint watch a single match, my heart was trembling during the India-Pakistan SemiFinal…More like a war, the match was of great importance to both the countries, na…and this time my superstition too worked…I noticed, whenever I looked for the scores in my blackberry, India was taking off a wicket…So, seriously, I tried refreshing my Blackberry, just to see, if my Superstition was true…As I was busy in so many other things, I could get back to my BB only once a while..and I noticed, every time I refreshed their came a cheer from the Indian side…one more player being sent to the Gallery… When my hubby too noticed it, he even started saying, check ur BB…but then, I dint…During the last over, I went to watch it on the TV along with whole family...As I took my BB along with, I just felt like refreshing it…(Trust me, no other thoughts..India was already winning…)…Immediately my husband said…”Now, NO need…India is winning…”… but then…CRACKKKKKKKKKK….and it was an OUT….My husband was staring at me…India took the last wicket too…My husband joked, “IF they get U and ur blackberry they will throw u into an erupting Volcano…”…trueeeee….!!!

As for the Finals earlier today, my brother took an OFF from work, as he believed, India WON whenever he watched Cricket from home TV…My husband sacrificed food…I stayed inside my room without touching my BB (lol, what IF it was the other way round this time…)…Still, I had a shock when I changed the TV channel in my room to a channel which was showing LIVE scores…The moment I changed channel, India lost a wicket…grrr…that made me NOT even change the channel till the end…When my brother called me to watch the last overs…I screamed… “NOOOOOOO, LET INDIA WIN…I am scared…”…I heard my dad saying…”Ya, Ya…Don’t come…”…

As the game was approaching the last overs, I started grating the apples for an Apple Halwa…As I walked towards the kitchen, I saw…Even my mom who knew nothing of cricket….was watching the last over from her room TV….I was surprised… “MOM, U TOOO??? DO U KNOW ANYTHING OF CRICKET” …She replied… “Yes, I don’t know…still…Only 6 more runs needed…I am also getting tensed…So I am watching….”….LOL!!!!

By the time, I poured the grated Apple into the hot Pan…I heard my brother shout for me… "Didi, commmme….last ball….” …I ran to the hall room…and witnessed the glorious Sixer in our 42inch Plasma TV…Every single person in front of the TV stood up…not knowing, should we shout or scream…or cry…Then we all broke into a dance…a Mad Dance…. with my son running all around us…Yippeeeeeeeeee….

I could see nothing other than Team India…

I could hear nothing other than their screams…

I could feel nothing other than their Victory…Our Victory

Team India, We Love youuuu....Love you all for making us proud...

But I smelled something else…Eeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkk....

My Apple Halwaaaaaaaaa!!!

NB: After that, we took off in our 4WD for a city tour…the roads were mad with Indian drivers…with Indians…screaming and shouting and honking and what not…We too screamed at the top of our voice…CHAK DEEE INDIA….So many strangers were relatives then…everybody smiled and waved and showed Hurrayyyyy as we returned the gesture…My son was not behind either…It continued till the Police started blocking every exits and frantically issuing Traffic Fines…Uhmm…I am sure, the Police might have got a biggggg amount as Fines itself…

As for my Halwa, I could save it at the nick of the time…It came out well…Once we were back home from the drive, we sweetened our taste buds with my Halwa….Chak De Indiaaaaaaaaaaaaa….Love you, Team India...

4 comments:

KParthasarathi said...

Wow.The story was as thrilling as the final match.But do you think all this frenzy is justified?Is it the outcome of the media build up?Is our patriotism in direct proportion to the applause and ovation we give?Shoud not a better side win irrespective of the nationality.Luckily we proved better in the finals than SL.

Whenever I see our stadiums cheering the players,I am reminded of the Roman arena where the man was pitted against a hungry lion and the screams and shouts of joy when he is mauled by the brute.Only the scenario is different today but the frenzy remains the same.We are all gullible victims of a clever media and sports organisations out to make pots of money.No doubt we derive pleasure as the Roman crowd did!!!

Bikram said...

Excellent :) I went ot the pub and it was GALA time here .. everyone cheering ...
came home and it was crackers time .. burnt some and had fun all thanks to TEAM INDIA and everyone who rooted for the team
well done to indian team

WE WONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN


Bikram's

Tomz said...

Even i have this superstition, i dint watch the world cup final completely, because i thought, if i watch cricket, team india might not win...hehe

Jzt4me said...

@ Partha

Cricket is a game that grew up in publicity as time passed...especially, when India started winning the focus became stronger...Regarding Patriotism...I feel, its there in evrybdy...just that, its never realised even by us..Until and unless any such things come up...

@ Bikram

Yeah...we won...

@ Tomz

Uhmm...What to do...we grew up with them...but never could outgrow them...inspite of all the education and maturity we instilled in us...