My thoughts, my emotions, my feelings, my imaginations, my opinions, my fears, my dreams...

Could be yours too...you never know!!!


Follow me in this Journey of Revelation and encourage me with your valuable opinions and comments...

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Bow-Bow Lady...

OK OK…I AM LAZY…or rather OFF mood…or maybe LOST…or BLANK…uhmm… why simply beat around the bush…Let me just admit…I didn’t post any blog for an endless list of reasons which might not sound good enough for you…So I am just shutting myself up from trying to explain myself…Haa…afterall that was what I was told to…U DON’T HAVE TO EXPLAIN THIS MUCH…Gosh, how can I be so…God Knows…

Things haven’t been too good at my end…After all those different ailments I had, I am now finally roaming around like ZOMBIE with a LONG BROAD NECK…haa..A collar..the last thing I wanted…and the first thing the doctor wanted…At times, I think, why do the doctors have to be so sweet, when they have different plans for the unlucky idiot sitting in front of him…In my case..Lemme change the Idiot part to Unlucky Innocent Young Sweetheart…hmmm..(coughing…I am sure, many of u want to, too…)

Ok, so, I have been having this pain behind my back…just below the neck and at different points where the arms intersect with my shoulder and the back…The positions are such strange places that my poor little hand could never reach those points to press or massage them myself…Naturally, I had to resort to every TOM, DICK & HARRY…bcoz the Shame (I should be having being a woman…) was much less compared to the Pain I have…rather the Attack of Pain…

People might frown or stare at me in disbelief when I ask the Philipino Colleague to just hit my back at that specific point…or when I ask any one of the random person passing by me in my office to just push their finger into my neck…Or when I leaned against the Tissue paper box kept behind my back...What to do, I couldn’t care less..bcoz the pain was and is that bad…even as I am jotting this down…my neck is killing me and how I wish I had somebody around me to hit me right now over there…They have all gone for a seminar…Why am I here…OH, missed telling u tht…I couldn’t go…BCOZZZZZZZZ….I am travelling today…heheh!!!To my Grandpa…that’s the happy part..Sad part is before I could open my eyes, I would be back here, sitting in front of this computer again…As I am going just for 4 days and that too to attend my first cousin’s marriage…So the trip is going to be hectic…hmmm…

So back to my Neck…So, this pain was hurting me once a while before..but from last 1-2 months, the frequency rose..and it so reached a point when I knew, I could take it NO MORE….I dashed into the Ortho department and put forward my case in a hope of having a miraculous quick recovery…After the Xray…the doctor confirmed something…hehe!!! I am a Girl who wouldn’t bend her Spines…grrr….All my life, I have heard people saying…Don’t bend your spine (when somebody behave too geeky…)…In my case, the issue was that the so called Cervical Spine which should be having a Curve, doesn’t have that natural curve and that along with my working style (on computers mostly)…contributed to inflammate the whole of my back in such intense manner that immediate Physiotherapy along with Pain Killers was the first set of treatment…

Physiotherapy sessions were cool…How I wished…I could buy one of those machines, which gave such relieving vibrations on the area that was hurting me…But unfortunately, my hope for a sudden magical disappearance of my pain didn’t happen…Thus after 2 weeks of physio, the doctor asked me sweetly, “Will it be OK for you to wear a collar…”…Proudly I said… Collar…haa..people can see that right??? That’s a shame…NOOO…no need…”…Doctor replied… “OK…But u have to wear IT…” …I couldn’t believe it…I thought he was asking my permission…”But doctor…”….he didn’t let me finish the lines… “NO Buts, dear…wear it…and I advise that u remove it only while bathing and sleeping…Continue with painkillers and another set of physio …”

Grrr….The next working day, the Zombie entered the office…grrrr…I didn’t mind wearing it…but explaining it to others was hectic…I stopped myself from even walking to the Washroom, just in case another person decided to show their sympathy…Anyways, in between, the SELF-PROCLAIMED DOCTOR MIND in me, decided that I can survive even without the collar…SO I removed it…and the pain rouse again…Back to the doctor’s room I reached 6 days back…

This time, doctor was more worse…5 injections every alternate day…I had to show my back every alternate day to the Nurse for them to mercilessly inject those red coloured fluid into my back…IT IS PAINFUL…I am just done with the 3rd yesterday eve…and trust me, its not a good experience…Even the feeling of this fluid getting into ur body is as if a thousand needles being pricked into ur skin….I am surviving…Need to undergo an MRI scan too…the Insurance approval came in yesterday and happily, I dint get appointment for MRI…they are toooooo busy….uhm…As I am travelling, need to wait till I come back…and then again ask for a Re-Approval…grrr…

Trust me, friends…my hubby jokingly said.. (I do fear it seriously)…Next time, when the Insurance guys see my application for renewal, they are going to REJECT me…As they have had seen my name almost every month and should have byhearted my whole history by now…I am tooooooooo expensive for them…They might be still blaming their ill fate for providing me their insurance at the first place…But, really…THANK GOD…I AM INSURED…hehe!!

So, now you guys can understand me, right???…Why wasn’t I updating my blog…Its not easy to keep typing with this band around my neck…as if somebody is trying to squeeze air out of my lungs…Having food is worst…My imagination really goes wild with new ideas after this…I started imagining a ' Police Machine in my throat…which stops all sort of Food Items and then ask them…Pay your Toll amount and then proceed…they pay it and then find their way to my stomach'…Oh yes, I am not exaggerating..the collar really stopped the food at my throat and I could feel it move down slowly from there…and I hated it…So, I gave a slight change to the Doctor’s exception List…

“Remove it Whenever I feel like…” heheh!!!

Am I not coolllllll…??? Ohhhh, how I love my Intelligent Brain…

By the by, forgot to mention….I am giving rest to my collar buddy for the next five days…I wouldn’t want to spoil my Cool Cool Image when I am back home and Never when I am clad in the Sari and instead of Gold Jewellery walk around with the Neck Collar…I can imagine them imagining me to be _____in the collar...lol!!! What if they realise some similarity or even resemblance....NOOOO!!!! I cant risk earning a new nick name this time…



The Bow-Bow Lady…

4 comments:

Bikram said...

Bad bad thing to happen, I had this fall in december at work, floor was wet and all and I know how it hurts its what 5 months now ..

But do wear that collar it will help , thats why they have given it to you.. You take care and all the best and do keep us posted

Get well soon ..

Bikram's

Pinpaks said...

need I tell you that you and your health are more important than what some insensitive, childish people might think? I would never have pegged you for the kind who puts others fickle mindedness before her self and her family.

I felt sad reading this post.

J, you should wear the collar. even if its in the wedding. even if it will hide your jewellery. even if people give you weird looks. Because, what matters is you. your condition should not worsen. it should not become more serious than what it is now.
don't care about the world. the world will not suffer with you. it will not sit by your bedside and comfort you.

These are not just words. I have been through it myself. horrible horrible phase where I had to walk around with silly colored ointments, smelly lotions and shrink wrapped legs. I did them all, and many more.

I hope you get better soon. And I really pray you wear the collar. please dont neglect your health.

KParthasarathi said...

Carry the collar with you when you visit India for the wedding.Most probably you can manage without it.But incase.......,it will be handy
Take care.Have a safe journey

Makk said...

Well you are woman thats why you should be having SHAME?

which book or religion or etiquette says that?

and on a different note, Men are bailed out of this thing?

hows that?

I am feeling dumb.

Please take care.