My thoughts, my emotions, my feelings, my imaginations, my opinions, my fears, my dreams...

Could be yours too...you never know!!!


Follow me in this Journey of Revelation and encourage me with your valuable opinions and comments...

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Can you lend me some Money???

Its been long time I couldn’t get myself to jot down something on my blog…felt really lazy and above that exhausted and sleepy…At work place – things weren’t hectic…rather had a slow paced week…but then ‘the after-work hours’ and the week ends just drilled out all the energy I had in my mind and body….haaaaaaa….I AM TIRED…

House Shifting…Yeah…after hunting the whole place down…finally I ended up liking one apartment that suited the budget, facilities, traffic and location…the rent was FINE when compared to many others…but it didn’t take much time for me to realize all those Hidden Expenses that came along with this PLANNING OF SHIFTING…Deposits, Commissions, Electricity, Water, Municipality and so onnnnnnn….the list was tooo long that I myself lost track…Thus went down the drains my ONLY ONE RESOLUTION for this year…

Yeah, at heart, I had one BIG resolution for this year… I would save half of my salary every month and by the end of the year, I will be equipped with enough money to start up on my long cherished dream of owning my DREAM HOME…Its just the end of the first month, I am already over with my salary remaining + I had to borrow money from my friend….Great…the best way to start a new month, a new year…this is why they say…”Never count the chickens before the eggs are hatched…”..uhmm…

Good for ME that my friend had that extra amount with him to lend me…Bad for him that No longer does he have that extra money with him…bcoz I borrowed it…lol!!! Happily I took it…Sadly he gave it…and now he has to wait sadly for me to return it…and then one day, Sadly I have to return it… so , right?

Along with this discussion of money, he told me an interesting story…about one of his friend…I felt the story was cool…but the HERO of the story - a Rascal…haha!!! So the story goes on like this …

This friend of my friend is a high profile professional gentleman…a big amount gets debited to his account from his company every month end as salary… still…this guy is in need of money…Always… He used to borrow money from my friend every month and then return it regularly…and then borrow again…this was more like a routine on a regular basis…My friend too happily gave him the money as the Gentleman never made a default in paying back…. “What harm in helping a Friend in Need…” my friend (might have) thought…

One fine evening, it so happened that this Gentleman and my friend sat together to have a peg…lol!!! (this proves why you are not supposed to drink with friends if you have secrets to hold on to…lol!!!)… They had some rounds of drinks…and soon my friend was shocked to hear a sudden revelation from the Gentleman…My friend had to literally open his mouth in awe…

Ha…!!! So what actually happened was…In the intoxicated state the “Gentleman” blurt
ed out that as soon as the salary gets debited, he withdraws the whole amount and transfer it to a different personal account as a saving. For his expenses, he borrows from my friend and then later returns it by borrowing the amount from another friend. Then he takes money from my friend again to pay back the other friend…This cycle of 'rolling money' has been going on for quite some time now…

After narrating this to me, my friend breathed out a heavy sigh…“Uhhh...Am I not an idiot…I was helping a Friend in Need…and he turned out to be INDEEEEEEEEED a FRIEND…He is saving money and WHAT DOES HE THINK… I DON’T NEED TO SAVE…”…

At heart, I said, “You should have asked that to him…by the by, why did you say this story now…I didn’t borrow to roll over the money…I took it for genuine reasons…TRUST ME…”… But then I said nothing…I just giggled…had a hearty laugh…imagined a cartoon picturisation of my friend listening to the Gentleman’s version of Money Rolling…

By the by….Now, I need to return my friend’s money…ASAP

“Can one of you lend me some money….?”

1 comments:

जोगी said...

ha ha ..great one !!! what an idea ...